(Our March 2019 Meeting where our members accepted Seven Proclamations from the following local and regional government officials recognizing March 2019 as Myeloma Action Month:
- The Honorable Sean Patrick Maloney, US Congressman representing NYS's 18th CD
- NYS Senator James Skoufis, Representing NYS's 39th Senate Dist. and the NYS Senate
- NYS Assemblyman Karl A Brabanec, representing NYS's 98th Assembly district
- Rockland County (NY) Executive Edwin J Day, representing Rockland County NY
- Orange County (NY) Executive Steven M Neuhaus, representing Orange County NY
- Orange County Legislator Paul Ruszkiewicz, representing The OC 3rd Legislative Dist, The Orange County Legislature and Orange County NY
- The Pike County (PA) Commissioners (Chairman Matthew M Osterberg, Vice Chairman Ronald R Schmalzle, and Commissioner Steven R Guccini) representing Pike County Pennsylvania.
Attending the meeting were Mike Anagnostakis, Senior Advisor to NYS Senator Skoufis (pictured 5th from left in back row), and Paul Ruszkiewicz, Orange County Legislator (pictured 3rd from left in back row). Much thanks to them for joining us at our meeting, to learn more about Myeloma and to meet the real faces of Myeloma, and to all of our elected officials who took the time to recognize March as Myeloma Action Month and help us raise awareness with these Proclamations. Also much thanks to all of the members of the Orange County NY Multiple Myeloma Support Group, for helping to raise awareness about Multiple Myeloma, and especially Pat T. for her work in soliciting all of these Proclamations! )
The Orange County NY Multiple Myeloma Support Group was established in 2017 to help myeloma patients live better, stronger lives, through education, support, encouragement and socialization with others living with the disease. Patients (and their caregivers) with Multiple Myeloma, Smoldering MM, and MGUS are welcome to join our group and attend our group meetings.
Monthly meetings include round-table member discussions and presentations and materials on myeloma news and information. We have expert guest speakers most months, who cover a wide variety of topics of interest to Myeloma patients. Click on each date (under EVENTS, below) to get more information about that meeting.
Reservations to attend our meetings are encouraged but not required. Meetings are always free of charge.
Our meeting location is easily accessible from Orange County NY, and the rest of the Hudson Valley, as well as Northern NJ, and North Eastern PA. There is plenty of free and accessible parking, and the building is handicapped accessible. We meet on the 3rd Monday of each month, from 10am-noon (with the exception of January and February meetings, which will be held on Jan 7 & Feb 11, due to Holiday schedules).
Orange County Department of Mental Health building
30 Harriman Drive
Goshen NY 10924
We respectfully request that anyone who is experiencing contagious symptoms stay home (or wear a mask, if appropriate) while contagious (coughing, sneezing, etc.), out of courtesy and concern for all of our members' health and safety.
For more information, please contact Adina Epstein at 845-326-6879 or OCNY@IMFsupport.org
This newsletter will be updated monthly. Each newsletter will contain links to informative videos, blogs, notices of programs, etc.
(First meeting of the OCNY MMSG, May 2017)